Tuesday, December 15, 2015

The old website challenge (01)

One of the reasons that pushed me to go back updating this blog is a personal challenge I'm taking, which is modernizing an old website of mine, dating back to year 2001! The last big update to the website, namely its port to php from static html, dates back to exactly twelve years ago (December 15th, 2003); I made some other small updates later, up until September 2004.

Later my attention moved to my personal website (www.xfnet.it), leaving the other one untouched until a few weeks ago, when, for several reasons, I got interested again in WebDev, SEO, and the online development world in general.

I will document in this blog the steps I'm taking in order to take the old website into the current times. To be fair, I already took several actions, so the first few posts will be retroactive, but I believe posting every step of the process will help me get a better idea about where I'm going and about the road that I'm taking.

I know, I didn't say which website we are talking about, yet, but let's give it time :)

No comments: